...I didn't lie when I said this wasn't going to be a daily thing! But I do want to mention a couple of things I've been doing with my classes.
In 3rd grade, we've been busy using BrainPop.com. We started with the Online Safety video. We first watched it as a class after everyone had finished the last project we did.
The next class I handed out the printed versions of the activities that are provided on the site and had the students watch the video on there own computers, thus allowing them to pause when they heard the answers. I tell you, a FEATHER could have dropped and you would have heard it - with both classes! It was amazing! Next class we will go over the packet and have a real discussion.
My 4th graders just finished a great project using Tagxedo.com. It is a wonderful on-line tool that "turns words...into a visually stunning word cloud...".
1 Corinthians 16:13
The first class was for instruction and practice. They learned how to enter text, change colors, shapes, fonts, and even the layout of the words. On the second day, students typed in their favorite Bible verses and turned them in to works of art! They came out SO good! The last class had them take their previously saved .jpg version of their work and insert it in to a Word document where they then added the scripture reference underneath. Change the font, size and color to coordinate with their image and PRESTO! They were so impressed with their work...as was I.
Well, I think that is all for now. I will attempt to fill you all in on some of the other work we are doing in the other grades later in the week. Till then....

No comments:
Post a Comment